There is a famous saying in Hindi which says “Eat to live. Don’t live to eat.” Controlling our eating habits, intake of balanced diet as well as regular work-out can help with weight loss.
Besides hereditary there are several other causes for weight gain. Our sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits and intake of calories more than needed. If proper actions are not taken on time then it can put your life at risk. Unwanted weight gain leads to the problem of obesity which in turn affects our heart, respiratory system as well as digestive system.
Every day we see a lot of advertisements in newspapers saying “Lose 5 kgs in 1 month for only 5000 bucks!”, “2 months later. 7 kilos lighter. And a plan that worked for me.”, “Personal Trainer will help you in burning those extra calories.”, “Get off the Couch and join our gym.” These ads are eye-catching and fat people generally tend to fall for it. As long as there are no side effects, you can pursue these techniques. Here are 5 steps that will help you in weight reduction, inch-loss and get rid of that unwanted flab.
1. Healthy and Balanced Diet: Avoid fatty foods like fried food, junk food, desserts, alcohol, soft drinks, etc. Based on your daily eating habits calculate your calorie intake. Compare this with the required calorie for your body type and try to cut down on those extra ones.
For example daily calorie requirement for a man weighing 60 kgs/132 lbs with age between 18 to 35 years should be around 2400. If he is consuming more than 2400 Calories per day without doing any work-out or exercise then he needs to subtract those calories in order to maintain his weight.
2. Consult a dietician: A proper healthy diet plan can help in reducing weight. A complete meal consists of vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and fibres required for proper functioning of our body. A dietician can help in preparing a customized diet plan based on your bodily requirements. Eat less, Eat healthy.
3. Regular work-out: Healthy diet combined with exercise will definitely show you some handsome returns. Working out at gym or playing sports like tennis, basketball, volleyball, swimming, biking etc effectively burns calories. Choose the physical activity that suits your body and stay active. Idle body, idle mind.
4. Drink a lot: Don’t get me wrong. I am talking about Water. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily helps in metabolism. Drink water at regular intervals. One can also drink lemon/lime water, unsweetened tea, low fat milk or sugar free drinks that help with weight loss.
5. Stay motivated: Never give up hope. Weight loss doesn’t take place overnight. It is a gradual and a slow process where one needs to be determined and self restraint. Avoid temptations and follow a strict diet. Eat fruits, vegetables, cereals; drink milk and water. Stay active by regular physical exercise.
Weight gain is a serious problem but it can be prevented or cured by maintaining proper diet and active lifestyle. Do or eat things that help with weight loss.